CCG’s extensive range of hazardous areas approved cable glands are manufactured from high tensile nickel-plated brass, stainless steel or aluminum and offer solutions to the challenges found in the hazardous area’s industry with the following features and benefits:
- Captive Component Gland® design guarantees that all the safety-critical parts of the cable gland such as the cone, cone ring and seals are held captive within the gland so that at the time of installation these parts cannot be left out or be incorrectly fitted. This guarantees that equipment protection levels will not be compromised. The simple two-part design also reduces installation time significantly.
- Multi Armour Cone and cone ring clamps both SWA and Braid armoured cable without internal cone and cone rings needing to be reversed. This guarantees a proper metal to metal armour bond. The Gland can be disconnected and the armor lock and seal can be inspected after installation.
- Gland entry thread gaskets are supplied as an integral part of the cable gland. The long term reliability of the gland/equipment interface is crucial to any hazardous areas installation, therefore the entry thread gasket is thermally condition tested to IEC 60079-0 and then tested to IP66/68 and DTS-01 deluge protection as an integral part of the gland.
- QuickStop-Ex injection resin barrier gland® range for Ex d installations offers easy and quick installation solutions for barrier glanding unfilled and multi-core cables in hazardous areas. The revolutionary injection resin system guarantees that the gas blocking barrier will be accurately and instantly mixed and all the voids within the cable will be filled.
- CCG’s Superior Marine Grade Electroless Nickel Plating™ of 12 microns thickness has been tested for resistance to corrosive salt and sulphur dioxide atmospheres to ASTM B117-11 and BS EN ISO 3231 standards giving a longer service life in corrosive installations.
- CCG’s Corrosion Guard and Posi Grip glands have a non-metallic over body protecting the metal parts of the cable gland from aggressive corrosive environments such as those found in petrochemical plants. For very aggressive corrosion, such as ammonia nitrate plants, this gland range offers a low-cost option compared to stainless steel glands.
- Tested and certified to the latest editions of ATEX, IECEx, EAC Russian, INMETRO Brazilian, Korean and SANS standards.